3D Secure authentication
The 3D Secure authentication system is designed to guarantee the security of online credit card payments. By receiving an SMS paragraph, messages from banking applications, fingerprints or facial recognition codes, can confirm that the buying customer is the owner of the bank card used to make the payment.
3D secure is an internet payment service developed by international card issuers Visa and MasterCard. This is a procedure to confirm that the cardholder is the person making the online payment.
Online purchases: protect credit card transactions with 3D Secure technology.
If the merchant’s e-commerce site displays the “Verified by Visa”, “Visa Secure”, “CB Payment Security”, “Master Card Secure Code” or “MasterCard Idea Check” logo.
Payment is made in two steps.
Step 1: Enter your bank details.
For transactions on the merchant’s site, the following information must be entered in the payment section: – card – expiry date – visual and PIN code.
Step 2: Confirm the transaction.
You will be redirected to the bank’s website where you can confirm your identity using the bank’s authentication services. The most commonly used method is a one-time code sent by the bank. Enter the required information in the input field.
From May 2021, for payrolls of 30 euros or more, this authorization code will be accepted by SMS paragraph, the new strong authentication method, the bank’s mobile smartphone application and other methods. card owner authentication.
Development of 3D-Secure and authentication methods
When 3D-Secure was first launched in France, personal data such as date of birth and address had to be entered. Later, banks introduced a system based on unique codes. However, it turned out that this service had security vulnerabilities.
PSD2 requires “strong authentication” or “double authentication”.
How does a 3D Secure transaction enable strong authentication?
For customers who want to buy goods on the Internet through an e-commerce site, yes.
- The customer first downloads the bank’s authenticator application on their mobile phone (most banks provide a strong authentication device on behalf of the merchant), then performs the necessary steps.
- First use the authenticator to get a unique code.
Activate the strong authentication service that your bank sends you by SMS. When you make a payment on an e-commerce site, an authentication request is sent to your mobile phone.
– By entering your data including your personal code.
– Use of a biometric fingerprint.
– Or by personal characteristics.
- If the information is valid, the bank confirms the payment by sending a message to the application.
This authentication procedure is an example. It may differ slightly depending on the system set up by the cardholder’s bank. For detailed application instructions, contact your bank or visit your bank’s website.
Credit card holders who don’t have a smartphone and don’t use their bank can use their card to pay for online purchases. The special procedure is as follows.
Set up with your bank, the payment is confirmed by a password linked to a code that you receive by SMS or at the e-mail address that you have indicated. Call your bank for more information. Online credit card payments: some useful tips
– Make sure the phone number you see on the 3D Secure identification screen matches your phone number. If you change your number, be sure to communicate the new information to your bank.
– Take your mobile phone with you before shopping online. Next chapter.
You will receive a text message with a code to enter.
– If you do not enter the code you receive in the text message three times, the transaction in progress will be cancelled, your payment card will be blocked and you will no longer be able to use the 3D Secure points. On the other hand, your bank card can be used to pay in retail stores and to withdraw money from sites without 3D Secure. Contact your bank to activate the secure use of your 3D Secure card.
How do I know if my card is 3D Secure?
Only 3D Secure merchant sites will request for a password for authentication objective. How would I know if a merchant is 3D Secure conformable? If a merchant is 3D Secure conformable, you will be ambidextrous to see the Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code logo on the site.
How do I enable 3D Secure authentication?
1 Activate. The bank that issued your Visa card will activate 3-D Secure for you automatically.
2 One-time password. You will be asked to authenticate yourself in a separate window displayed on the site using your 3-D Secure password or the one-time password issued to you. …
How do I fix 3D Secure authentication failed?
If you receive a “3D Authentication failed” error, it means that you have not entered the required information successfully. Please double check that Caps Lock is disabled and repeat the process making sure there are no typing errors.
You can share with us other ideas on comment …